Detectronic can help monitor final trade effluent, process water flows and water quality in food and beverage plants
Food and Beverage
Water is an important commodity for the food and beverage industry, used in large volumes for production processes, added to products, in cleaning operations, heating or refrigeration purposes and for normal sanitation purposes in kitchens and bathrooms.
The food and beverage industry is a diverse sector and includes:
- Beverage manufacturing including distilleries, breweries, wineries and soft drink manufacturers including fruit juices and smoothies, bottled water, still drinks, cordial and carbonated drinks.
- Milk and dairy products including cheese, butter, yoghurt and dried produce.
- Bakeries and other food manufacturers of pasta, pies and cereals
- Meat processing plants including abattoirs, butchers, delicatessens
- Fruit and vegetable packers
- Fish processing
- Production of fats and oils
- Production of food ingredients such as salt, sugar, yeast
- Animal feed plants
In addition to rising water charges, increases in wastewater surcharges are placing food and beverage plants under increasing pressure to treat their own water and wastewater supplies.
Detectronic has been working with companies within the food and beverage industry for the last 10 years and understands the different challenges organisations face. You can see some of the projects we’ve worked on in our case studies.
Below is an example of how Detectronic can help dairy plants:
Water uses in Food & Beverage
Related case studies
Watch our Predictive Data Monitoring Video here
To receive our latest news and announcements please signup to our newsletter.