Feed your curiosity, stretch your creativity, and work with a diverse group of talented people. If that sounds like an environment you'd thrive in, then a career at Detectronic could be for you.
Life at Detectronic
Meaningful work, constant learning and brilliant people. There are so many reasons to bring your career here…
We invest in developing your talents with comprehensive learning and development programmes. We’ll challenge you with engaging work and we always look to promote from within first.
Our offices are casual and collaborative. Our head office in Colne, Lancashire is easy to get to, just 2 mins from the end of the M65. We work a 37.5 hour week as standard with some flexibility.
We look for the best and the brightest so our salaries are competitive. You’ll accrue more holidays the longer you stay with us and as you look towards the end of your career, you’ll find our pension scheme generous.
Employees at every level are empowered to own their work from start to finish, helping us be as effective as possible and make a measurable impact on the business.
R&D • Colne, Lancashire, UK
Software Engineer Advert V3 18 7 17
We are looking for a talented software engineer who is not afraid of big challenges to join our multi-disciplined R&D department. You will work in a highly collaborative environment with our hardware and software product development team to solve real problems and deliver elegant solutions for our customers.
What we’re looking for:
– A driving interest in software development and embedded IT systems
– Experience in writing memory and processor efficient C, along with a suite of unit and integration tests to ensure their code is robust
– Excellent analytical and problem solving skills coupled with a pragmatic approach
– A willingness and ability to learn new and legacy technologies in a largely independent way
– A working knowledge of operating systems including Linux, embedded real time operating systems and runtime environments as used on PLCs
– A basic knowledge of Electronics and a foundation in Physics
– Developed embedded software dealing with real world problems on 16 and 32bit platforms
– Knowledge of I2C, SPI and UART interfaces
– Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with staff and customers at all levels
– A high level of numeracy and literacy
– The ability to work alone and as an integral part of a team.
– An interest in developing software that can interface with sensors, analyse data and control plant in a real world environment
Nice to have’s:
– Experience with Java development
– Experience with the Windows API, specifically related to serial communication
– Experience with build tools: Ant, Maven, GNU make and nmake
– Experience with GNU binutils
– Real-time embedded development (MSP430/432 / ARM / AMD64)
– Experience in writing test suites: JUnit, minunit
– Understanding of communication protocols such as MODBUS, HEART and/or PROFIBUS
– Experience with Database Systems such as Microsoft Access, MySQL and SQLite
– The ability to understand and apply the principals of normalisation on relational and non-relational schema
– Full clean (preferably) driving licence
We have great teams in place, but we’re always on the lookout for exceptional individuals.
Please use this link to send us your Curriculum Vitae.
If you are applying for a specific position at Detectronic, please ensure you download the application form from the website, complete by hand and return it, with your CV, to the address on the form or scan and email to email@example.com
(No recruitment agencies)
Watch our Predictive Data Monitoring Video here
To receive our latest news and announcements please signup to our newsletter.