Feed your curiosity, stretch your creativity, and work with a diverse group of talented people. If that sounds like an environment you'd thrive in, then a career at Detectronic could be for you.
Meaningful work, constant learning and brilliant people. There are so many reasons to bring your career here…
We invest in developing your talents with comprehensive learning and development programmes. We’ll challenge you with engaging work and we always look to promote from within first.
Our offices are casual and collaborative. Our head office in Colne, Lancashire is easy to get to, just 2 mins from the end of the M65. We work a 37.5 hour week as standard with some flexibility.
We look for the best and the brightest so our salaries are competitive. You’ll accrue more holidays the longer you stay with us and as you look towards the end of your career, you’ll find our pension scheme generous.
Employees at every level are empowered to own their work from start to finish, helping us be as effective as possible and make a measurable impact on the business.
Technical Sales Engineer
Sales • Colne, Lancashire, UK
Technical Sales Engineer
As a Technical Sales Engineer within Detectronic you will be instrumental in achieving our growth ambitions into key industrial sectors such as food, chemical, oil, gas and process engineering. You will be the key point of contact for customers and prospective customers and will provide both, before and after-sales advice. You’ll liaise regularly with other members of the sales and marketing team and technical support colleagues.
– Search for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximise client potential in designated regions
– Develop long-term commercial relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements
– Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
– Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
– Prepare reports for head office and maintain customer records
– Meet regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects
– Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
– Help in the design of custom-made products to meet market requirements
What we’re looking for:
– A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Technical Sales role
– A solid technical background in the wastewater or effluent monitoring sector
– Full clean (preferably) driving license
We have great teams in place, but we’re always on the lookout for exceptional individuals.
Please use this link to send us your Curriculum Vitae.
If you are applying for a specific position at Detectronic, please ensure you download the application form from the website, complete by hand and return it, with your CV, to the address on the form or scan and email to email@example.com
(No recruitment agencies)
Watch our Predictive Data Monitoring Video here
To receive our latest news and announcements please signup to our newsletter.