Feed your curiosity, stretch your creativity, and work with a diverse group of talented people. If that sounds like an environment you'd thrive in, then a career at Detectronic could be for you.
Meaningful work, constant learning and brilliant people. There are so many reasons to bring your career here…
We invest in developing your talents with comprehensive learning and development programmes. We’ll challenge you with engaging work and we always look to promote from within first.
Our offices are casual and collaborative. Our head office in Colne, Lancashire is easy to get to, just 2 mins from the end of the M65. We work a 37.5 hour week as standard with some flexibility.
We look for the best and the brightest so our salaries are competitive. You’ll accrue more holidays the longer you stay with us and as you look towards the end of your career, you’ll find our pension scheme generous.
Employees at every level are empowered to own their work from start to finish, helping us be as effective as possible and make a measurable impact on the business.
Software Engineer, Head Office, UK
The Network-Monitoring and Data Analysis sections of our business are expanding rapidly and we now need to recruit an additional software engineer to support our hardware and software product development team.
The successful candidate will have:
- A driving interest in software development and embedded IT systems
- Experience in writing memory and processor efficient C, along with a suite of unit and integration tests to ensure their code is robust
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills coupled with a pragmatic approach
- A willingness and ability to learn new and legacy technologies in a largely independent way
- A working knowledge of operating systems including Linux, embedded real time operating systems and runtime environments as used on PLCs
- A basic knowledge of Electronics and a foundation in Physics
Data Analyst, Head Office, UK
The Detectronic Data Centre monitors near real-time data and provides screening, analysis and critically important Intervention-Reporting Services to customers. We have the opportunity for a full time data analyst to join the team. Ideal candidates would be educated to degree level. Click the link to find out more about our data centre and watch the video. This role would ideally suit someone with a environmental studies or meteorological background.
- Monitor, screen and analyse incoming Flow and Level data
- Monitor incoming Weather Data
- Review outputs against historical data prior to Issue of Client Action Reports
Sales Engineer, South West, UK
As a Sales Engineer for the Detectronic Group based in the South West of the UK, you will be expected to use your knowledge gained from our internal training programme, alongside your existing (where possible industry) experience, as you will be the key point of contact for customers and prospective customers, developing relationships and providing both, before and after-sales advice and support for services available from Detectronic Group.
- Outbound prospecting for new customers, identifying decision makers, securing meetings and building a healthy pipeline of new business opportunities
- Develop strong long-term commercial relationships with new and existing clients
- Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- Meet given sales targets, ensuring full coordination of sales projects and report on their progression
- Attend trade shows, conferences and other industry events and feedback information and market trends
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs
- Help in the design of custom-made products to meet market requirements
We have great teams in place, but we’re always on the lookout for exceptional individuals.
Please use this link to send us your Curriculum Vitae.
If you are applying for a specific position at Detectronic, please ensure you download the application form from the website, complete by hand and return it, with your CV, to the address on the form or scan and email to email@example.com
(No recruitment agencies)
Watch our Predictive Data Monitoring Video here
To receive our latest news and announcements please signup to our newsletter.